Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Safe

Hello Friends and Family,
I am safe in Oxford. I arrived in England yesterday morning (London time) and spent the day with my friends Elise and Jason. They showed me the ropes on a couple things including getting a pay-as-you go UK cell phone. They also kept me awake (mostly) until bed time and let me sleep as long as I wanted this morning. :)
This afternoon I hoped on a train here to Oxford and my kind landlord picked me up, took me on the scenic view of the city on the way home and helped me with my heavy bags up to the third floor.
The room is very nice and even comes with..wait for it...a love seat! Not a couch, but given space limitations just as good. By the time my landlord left, it was getting on toward dusk but that didn't stop this fearless, couch-loving explorer. I headed out and found where my college is located. It has awesome architecture. I'm very excited to visit it tomorrow (and take care of all my paper work). I also stopped by the local Sainsbury (grocery store) to pick up some dinner...which I am currently eating.
In some ways, I am already feeling at home. As I wandered tonight, there were many young adults dressed strangely (as in getting close to Halloween strange) and multiple pairs of people taped together at the ankles walking around. Its like Kalamazoo when the  frats come out! Most of the pairs were young bucks, but one lucky young gentleman had a girl taped to each side of him. I am unsure of the reason for all this body to body taping but I'm hoping I will learn soon. Suggestions are welcome.
Unfortunately, I did not grab my camera for this excursion since it was getting dark out but I will try and post some pictures of the various things I have spoken about soon. ( I am certain there will be other random weird things that college age kids around here will get up too!)


Cheers, Pax, Goodnight and God Bless!

1 comment: